Cashmere is well known for having multiple properties and benefits. It is light weight, soft, elegant, wrinkle resistant, causes no scratchiness, it’s breathable and provides great insulation from cold.
You may or not be aware of this information. But what we can say is our love for it resumes to one moment, when you see a fluffy cashmere sweater at a store, you can’t help but to come closer to it, instinctively you feel the need to touch it and squeeze it between your hands and… Ta-da! That immediate feel of comfort cashmere provides, the soft touch of it against your skin, it’s love at first touch!
We love cashmere, that’s why we want to learn how to take good care of it to prolong the life our garments as much as possible. So here we have some basic advices for you.
First of all, you don’t need to wash your garments every time you use them, just once per season it’s more than enough.
- Allow the garment to rest between wears, when necessary you can fresh them up by letting them outside in the fresh air, always avoiding direct sunlight.
- How to wash: Turn your garments inside out and hand wash using warm water, up to 30°C max. Use a mild detergent for delicate clothes. Gently squeeze the garment in the water, do this repeatedly allowing soap to penetrate and help loosen the dirt. Finish by rinsing with cold water.
- How to dry: Wrap your garment around a clean towel to get rid of excess water. Then place on a flat area to finish drying avoiding direct sunlight. It’s very important never to wring your garments.
- How to storage: you can place your garment in a cotton dust bag or any resealable bag and add to it a sachet of cloves, rosemary, dried orange or lavender in order to repel moths and insects. Keep in a cool and dry place.
- Remember never to hang your knits, this can stretch them and damage their shape.
- Alternatively cashmere can also be dry cleaned.